CSC Bunkum #9 2021 - Housekeeping, door code, work party anyone?
June 25 2021
It's starting to feel like winter and we're only 3 weeks away from our first bookings in the lodge, currently July 16. Pedro and Dallas, our beloved custodians, will take up residence a day or two ahead of this. I'm excited!
Our new Booking System has now been open for over 3 weeks and we’ve had great feedback from members about how simple it is to use and what an improvement it is over the old system. We owe a huge thank you to Rik Fisk and Tracey Jones for the mountain of work they’ve put in over the last few months to get this system up and running - muchas gracias amigos!
The school holiday booking restriction period has ended - you are now able to make bookings of more than 4 days, and at any time over the holidays.
Some booking housekeeping:
- Please ensure you’re familiar with our booking rules
- Bookings can only be transferred or cancelled up to 96 hours before your stay. If you find you’re unable to make your stay less than 96 hours before, please make the booking officer aware of this so bunks can be made available to members who may be on the wait list.
- Please make sure you enter the names of all your party, along with the ages of all juniors, and that your arrival time is as accurate as possible. This is important information for the custodians and Party Leader. Remember, you can edit these details anytime after your booking has been accepted.
- Of course, the best laid plans can change – if you find, on the day, you’re going to arrive significantly later than specified, please call the lodge (07-892-3829) to let them know.
- Please respond to any request you might receive from our hard working booking officer, Jenny Muir, as soon as possible. Chasing non-responders increases Jenny’s workload significantly.
The door code has changed and will be shortly communicated separately to all paid up members by email.
Work Party volunteers required – July 3, 4. There’s been a bit of maintenance activity going on at the lodge over the last few weeks. Add to this some very high winds that have deposited quite a bit of grit around the place and we find that the lodge is requiring a thorough pre-season clean. We’re looking for 3 or 4 volunteers to visit the lodge on July 3 and/or 4 to give it a top to bottom wipe down and vacuum. A good day should do it. Given that it’s a small group, you’ll need to self cater. Work party credits will apply for any attendees. If interested, please let me know asap – firstname.lastname@example.org
CSC Bunkum #11 2021 - Mens Few Days postponed, Important parking update for Clubbies
July 27 2021
Apologies, I said I'd confirm Men's Few Days dates on July 24 - I'm late!
Unfortunately, we're still a little thin up top, and I'm not talking about hair. The decision has been made to postpone Men's Few Days to Monday & Tuesday, August 23 & 24. If you already have a booking for MFD, you should be able to easily transfer it to the new dates. Guests at Member rates still applies for the new dates.
For people attending MFD, please be aware that that we have a private group of 15 in the lodge on the Sunday night, August 22. We would prefer that you arrived at the lodge on Monday August 22. For those already booked in on the Sunday hoping to get a head start on MFD, please don't scare the guests!
Don't forget - Ladies Few Days is scheduled for August 15 - 17. Last year's was a roaring success. Please contact Rachel at Clubcaptain@skichristie.co.nz if you would like more info on this.
The recent Mid Winter Christmas weekend was a great success with a full house. Thanks to Ella Buckley for making this happen - here's a note from Ella:
"Although there was no skiing last weekend, the mid-winter Christmas festivities at Christie were a great way to welcome everyone back for the season. We dressed the club up in true festive colours and waited excitedly for the first roast from the new ovens, but alas, the power cut out just before the potatoes were to go in the oven, so out came the gas stove. Fortunately, the meat was cooked, and the candles were already laid out, so we had a very atmospheric evening. Luckily the power came back on in just time for Santa to visit! Thank you to everyone who made it a fun weekend, can't wait to see you all again over the season."
*** Important Parking Information ***
Hot on the heels of my last parking update, changes have been made to clubbie requirements. If using overnight parking on weekends between July 31 and September 5, you will need to use the new Club/Lodge Portal to book your space. Note - this includes Life and Season Pass holders. You'll need the club PIN to access the system - I will email this to all people with bookings in the next day. It doesn't appear to be an onerous process and, thankfully, isn't subject to the Wednesday release of weekend day parking spaces.
Here is the information provided to us by RMCA - please make sure you're familiar with it:
Important information for the Club/Lodge Portal (for use at Iwikau Village only):
- Bookable parking should run for only six weekends during 2021: between July 31st and September 5th. This may change if the region moves to COVID Alert Level 2 or higher.
- Club members staying overnight (including life and season pass holders) will need to book for every night of their stay during the bookable period/s. (ie book for both Friday and Saturday nights if arriving on Friday, this means you are booked for both Saturday and Sunday).
- Clubs will be provided with a PIN login to access the Club/Lodge booking system. Note, the PIN will be subject to change should any part of the portal be misused. If this occurs, clubs will be updated. We suggest that the PIN be provided only to club members who have confirmed their accommodation.
- Club members will be able to book ahead of their planned stay by using the Club/Lodge portal. This is an improvement on last year as the club/lodge portal is not subject to the Wednesday releases that the main bookable system is.
- Club members will need to book even if they plan to arrive on the Friday night so that they can arrive through the control point in the morning should their evening arrival be delayed for any reason.
- If club members cancel/change their accommodation booking, they should also cancel/change their car park booking.
- For club members visiting the Turoa Ski Field; you will need to book a day park using the main RAL public booking system. The Club/Lodge Portal does not apply to Turoa.
- The URL to access the site is https://evacheck.in/whakapapa-overnight
- The PIN for your club is available only via your club booking officer when your accommodation is confirmed. (NB - We're working through this and hope to have the PIN included on booking confirmation emails soon. Existing booking holders will have the PIN emailed shortly)
- Please keep your Club PIN confidential. Do not post the PIN on social media or web site. RMCA emphasises that the club/lodge portal is a trial and although the new portal for clubs has tried to cater for as much practicality as possible, we know that improvements may be needed. We ask that club committees encourage their club members to respect and embrace the new system as a trial and provide feedback via their club committee.
As usual, please make sure you're familiar with the parking information on the Mt Ruapehu website. Also - check the road status on their Reports Page before traveling. Here's where you can find clubbie overnight parking.