CSC Bunkum #9 2021 - Housekeeping, door code, work party anyone?
June 25 2021
It's starting to feel like winter and we're only 3 weeks away from our first bookings in the lodge, currently July 16. Pedro and Dallas, our beloved custodians, will take up residence a day or two ahead of this. I'm excited!
Our new Booking System has now been open for over 3 weeks and we’ve had great feedback from members about how simple it is to use and what an improvement it is over the old system. We owe a huge thank you to Rik Fisk and Tracey Jones for the mountain of work they’ve put in over the last few months to get this system up and running - muchas gracias amigos!
The school holiday booking restriction period has ended - you are now able to make bookings of more than 4 days, and at any time over the holidays.
Some booking housekeeping:
- Please ensure you’re familiar with our booking rules
- Bookings can only be transferred or cancelled up to 96 hours before your stay. If you find you’re unable to make your stay less than 96 hours before, please make the booking officer aware of this so bunks can be made available to members who may be on the wait list.
- Please make sure you enter the names of all your party, along with the ages of all juniors, and that your arrival time is as accurate as possible. This is important information for the custodians and Party Leader. Remember, you can edit these details anytime after your booking has been accepted.
- Of course, the best laid plans can change – if you find, on the day, you’re going to arrive significantly later than specified, please call the lodge (07-892-3829) to let them know.
- Please respond to any request you might receive from our hard working booking officer, Jenny Muir, as soon as possible. Chasing non-responders increases Jenny’s workload significantly.
The door code has changed and will be shortly communicated separately to all paid up members by email.
Work Party volunteers required – July 3, 4. There’s been a bit of maintenance activity going on at the lodge over the last few weeks. Add to this some very high winds that have deposited quite a bit of grit around the place and we find that the lodge is requiring a thorough pre-season clean. We’re looking for 3 or 4 volunteers to visit the lodge on July 3 and/or 4 to give it a top to bottom wipe down and vacuum. A good day should do it. Given that it’s a small group, you’ll need to self cater. Work party credits will apply for any attendees. If interested, please let me know asap – firstname.lastname@example.org