CSC Bunkum #2 2020 - Covid-19 update
23 May 2020
We hope that all our Christie whanau are staying safe and well through these challenging times!
The government’s recent lowering to level 2 is good news for us, and of course for your families and your livelihoods. Ski fields were given confirmation that skier numbers did not need to be restricted at level 2, whilst they still need to maintain other measures. Mt Ruapehu's latest info release is here.
The committee is closely studying these requirements, and hoping that further easing of restrictions occur soon. We are not yet in a position to announce how Christie Lodge will operate this ski season, but remain hopeful and prepared for a season that is not too severely impacted. It might still require things like reduced lodge numbers, physical distancing, different cleaning procedures. We will announce that decision in June. Info on the government alert level details is available here.
We have unfortunately decided not to run this year’s Christiania Derby. The uncertainty around how the mountain will operate, particularly in the early part of the season, combined with the challenge of social distancing a lodge full of post Derby party goers, make running the event unfeasible. I believe we will be the 4th club (out of 5) to cancel their annual events.
As outlined in April’s bunkum, one of our challenges is to fund around $40,000 yearly fixed expenses. Repeated for you below is 2020 subs information, which attempts to soften the demand on you, but still provide some necessary income for the club:
- Membership subscription invoices will be sent out soon
- There will be no work party levy included in 2020 invoices – this is a reduction of $160 per senior member
- Work party credits that were due this year will be credited to 2021 membership
- 50% of your subscription invoice will be due on receipt of your invoice.
- The remaining 50% will be payable when we have confirmation of Whakapapa opening dates. Access to the booking system will be given on receipt of payment.
- There will be no change to Associate memberships subs.
We are mindful that for some this may still present a greater challenge than usual. If so, please do not hesitate to contact the committee to discuss options. We do not want to lose members because of this!
At the same time we are aware that some of you may be in a position to support the club in meeting some of its costs. We invite any help in this way, for example by:
- Making a one-off donation
- Life members paying a one-off “sub” this year
You are very welcome to contact the committee to make this offer or suggest other ways you can help.
Expect more updates in the next few weeks.