Welcome to Christiania Ski Club! Founded in 1954 it was named after Norway’s capital, Christiania (now Oslo). Christiania has maintained its popularity as a family-friendly ski lodge on Mt Ruapehu’s Whakapapa ski field.
Situated about 50m above the bottom of the Rangatira Express, the club commands magnificent views North to Ngauruhoe and across the National Park basin. It is within easy reach on foot from the carpark or you can ski in from the top of the first chair.
New members welcome.
Christiania Ski Club welcomes new members.
- Ski-in and Ski-out, most of the season
- Exceptional Views
- Cooked breakfast and dinner (Custodian in residence)
- Easy access for lunch and coffee breaks
- Can see all lifts from the lodge
- Easy (downhill) access to the Rangatira Express Chair and Happy Valley
- Friendly, family atmosphere
- Affordable accommodation rates
- Excellent Drying room
- Close to Meads wall sliding area - fun for children
New and Events
NO JOINING FEE! The joining fee has been waived for the 2020 season!
Mid-Winter Christmas - July 25
Mens Few Days - August 3 & 4
Ladies Few Days - August 17 & 18
Guests at Member rates! August 2 - 6 and 16 - 20
Originally founded by three Waikato families, “Christie” has strived to maintain its family-friendly ethos and visitors are warmly greeted by adults and children alike. Clubbies eagerly flock to the mountain during weekends, holidays and mid-week to enjoy skiing/snowboarding and to relax in the warm lodge over anything from a milo to a mulled wine. Christie runs the renowned Christiania Derby which has been running for over 60 years.